Friday, January 9, 2009

Government Secrets.

A couple weeks ago, we watched the movie Doomsday. To be quite honest, it scared the living heck out of me. It came to my realization that we laugh off the fact that the military general loved chewing gum and the president was such a softy. They were the comic relifs of the movie.

Take that all away though and look at the main plot. A general, in our military, releases a top secret nuclear bomb mission. Our government can't stop it, so what do they do? Plan for their safe escape.

We also recently learned about the Cointelpro organization in our new book Caucasia. Another secret organization that was exposed. I honestly believe that they were behind numerous movement leader assassinations.

Then there's Nixon. The president who was exposed for running numerous secret government organizations.

Anywhoo. I have finally concluded, (after my years of research, HA.), that I do not trust our government at all. Not in the least bit. To be quite honest, I think that there are numerous secret government organizations.

I believe that 9/11 was a slight set up. I don't believe it was 100% the United States, I just believe that they knew more about it then they told us. I think President Bush brushed it off as another threat and just let it go, without the proper precautions.

All you have to do is type in "9/11 conspiracy", and millions and millions of websites will pop up explaining their side. Understandably, some are a little crazy sounding. Some however, really make you scratch your head.

I wonder, what would happen if there was a comet, nuclear bomb, or a terrorist attack that the government knew about. Would they tell us? Probably not, it would cause a world wide panic. We would just be going on about our day and bam, it all be over in an instant.

North Korea, Pakistan, Israel...they all have nuclear weapons. I'm an honestly surprised that we haven't pushed their buttons enough for an attack. Don't get me wrong, I'm thanking whoever it is I'm suppose to be thanking that we're still here. However, it's almost a miracle.

I just go my life day by day, with no regrets. I do my best to keep up to date with politics and oversea actions. That's about all I can do.

On a more positive note. I think Obama will do a fantastic job in his presidency. I think he is capable of picking up the mess that Bush left and lead the U.S. into a better future.

8 comments:

Winnie K said...

I have to say that I thought you would mention AREA 51. I would love to find out what goes on back there. The amount of high security measures is just unabelieveable. There has to be something really big going on to have that so much security.
I think so many of us trust our goverment, because we personally dont want to take on those worries. I trust that the goverment is doing whats best so that no World War breaks out.
Thinking about back when there was the whole Cuban Missile Crisis, the goverment really didnt put people in danger. They did a risky thing and gladly it turned out fine.

Cody Dederich said...

I agree that there is alot more conspiracy going on than many people would like to admit. Alot of people brush this stuff off because it sounds so ludicrous, or because they beleive the government is only looking out for us. However, in the scope of things alot of these theories are quite plausible, especially considering the human race's notoriety for being selfish and ambiguous.

Kristi said...

I completely agree. It's kind of scary to think about everything that goes on that we don't know about. Maybe some of it is better that we don't know, but who knows what kinds of secrets are being kept from us!

I'm not lost in the world. I'm just taking a detour. said...

I do think that there are some government set ups but i also think that they have a good reason for not telling the general population anything at all. Also I will repeat this till the day I die bush was a good president he was just in office when the crap hit the fan.

Jenny O said...

i agree that there are probably a lot of conspiracies going on that we'll never even hear about; however, you mentioned casually that it could cause a world wide freak out but w.e. All i have to say is do you think that's a good idea? Think of the wars that would create?

Peter G. said...

I'm going to have to disagree with almost every thing that you wrote. Our government is one that elects the countries citizens into office. As to governmental secrets, the only reason that there are these secret files is to protect our nation. If our government released these things to the public, terrorist organizations would find out and the we all would be screwed and end up in a nuclear war. There are spies from these countries that, if not properly protected against, theses secrets would be exposed long before the public ever found out. Seriously no offense meant to be said to you or the people who wrote the websites that talk about conspiracy, but there is just such a vast amount of information, things that we could never guess were going on that are kept secret by our government, that you can't really take a side on this issue and accurately back it up.

Michael Flaherty said...

I think the movie you're reffering to is called Dr. Strangelove and not Doomsday

Gena R. said...

Interesting post. I agree that I question some things the government does and wonder how much isn't shared with citizens, because it has to be a lot (especially regarding what goes on in the intelligence departments). It's important to question the government at times to keep a democracy that we want with a government that protects citizens' freedoms. You might be interested in reading The Looming Tower by Lawrence Wright, a non-fiction narrative about the events leading to 9-11. I read it for AP Comp and thought it was really interesting.